Bridgeway Academy’s program is comprised of three key areas:
- the Education Center, which provides school day education during the academic year;
- the Therapy Center, which offers a full range of Music, Occupation, Physical and Speech therapies and Psychological services;
- and Summer Camp, which provides recreational, social, and therapeutic opportunities during the summer months.
About the Education Center Wait List:
Bridgeway Academy’s Education Center currently has a wait list for enrollment. We encourage parents who want to enroll their child in Bridgeway Academy’s Education Center to not be discouraged by this. We support both a traditional enrollment process in the spring and a rolling admission process once the school year starts (should an opening occur).
Enrollment in the Education Center occurs when there is an opening in a classroom and the student is a good match for the classroom environment. We complete detailed student assessments that look at a variety of areas – academics, transition, self-help, behaviors – and will do our best to find an appropriate placement for the student in any opening that may be available.
Because of our commitment to providing outstanding individualized services and our organizational values, we always strive to make a placement that will be a good fit both for the individual student and for the classroom.
Why does Bridgeway Academy’s Education Center have a Wait List?
Bridgeway Academy’s mission is to inspire the potential and celebrate the ability of every child. To accomplish this mission, we need to put the individual needs of every student at the forefront of our decision-making process for enrollment in our Education Center.
In order for students to be successful in the Education Center, we need to:
- Hire the very best staff available – smart, highly-trained, and compassionate individuals who work with students every day to help them achieve their individualized goals
- Keep teacher-to-student ratios low to ensure each student gets the individualized support they need
- Ensure a safe, clean, and comfortable learning environment for students and staff
- Have the capacity to provide support for every family
Get on the Wait List:
We encourage parents to complete the application process as quickly as possible to ensure your students’ name is on the list for enrollment. To join the Education Center Wait List, complete the online enrollment application process. There is a $25 non-refundable processing fee.
During your time on the Wait List, you may be contacted by Bridgeway Academy to update your IEP or ETR. Please keep Bridgeway Academy informed of any change of phone number, email address or street address. We need this information to stay in contact with you about your child’s status on the Wait List.
Placement on the Wait List does not guarantee enrollment in the Education Center, as it is determinant on the many individualized factors listed above. During your time on the Wait List, we do still encourage you to explore all available options to you and your child.
What can I do in the meantime?
Being on Bridgeway Academy’s Education Center Wait List doesn’t mean you can’t become a part of our family. There are many services available to individuals who don’t attend our Education Center.
- Our Therapy Center offers a full range of Music, Occupation, Physical and Speech therapy services to children and adults (please note, there may be waiting times for therapy services as well);
- Our Psychological Services team provides a variety of services from diagnosis to assessment;
- Our Family Partnership Services program provides educational trainings and workshop opportunities for families and caregivers.
If you have questions about these services, or placement on the Education Center Wait List, please contact Ellie Preston, Student Services Administrator at email@example.com or 614-262-7520.