Bridgeway Academy offers a high quality comprehensive preschool and kindergarten program for students with developmental delays. Our Early Childhood program at Bridgeway Academy utilizes research-based approaches and individualized data to provide evidence-based intervention for students and clients, including the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). ABA is considered an evidence-based best practice treatment by the US Surgeon General and by the American Psychological Association. The principles of ABA focus on (1) how behaviors change, (2) how behaviors are affected by our environment, and (3) how learning takes place. All of this information and research guides Bridgeway Academy as it makes decisions about its program, supporting our mission to inspire the potential and celebrate the ability of every child.
Our Program offers:
- A full-day schedule
- Individualized instruction in a combination of 1:1, small group, and large group settings based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- Ohio’s Early Learning and Development Standards
- Curricula stemming from a variety of resources including but not limited to Fundations, Unique Learning System, and BASE (Bridgeway Academy Safety Education)
- Criterion-referenced assessments such as Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP)
- Average teacher to student ratio of 1:2.5 (3-5 teachers to 8-10 students)
- Supervision by Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs), Licensed Intervention Specialists, and/or Masters Level Educators.
- Targeting of IEP goals, as well as other developmentally and age appropriate skills.
- Collaboration with speech therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, music therapists, and behavior analysts to develop appropriate goals for intervention
- Quarterly Progress Reports
- Bi-annual parent/teacher conferences
Our Early Childhood program welcomes typically developing peer models enrolled within classrooms. For children ages 3-5, research continues to show the importance of inclusion – a setting that embraces diverse learners by offering equal opportunities to access a typical preschool environment, while simultaneously providing the support needed to achieve individual learning objectives.
For detailed information and FAQs about the preschool program, please click HERE.
CLICK HERE for an application to enroll in our Early Childhood program. More questions? Call our Business Office at 614-262-7520 or email email@example.com.