Peer Model Program
Bridgeway Academy offers a Peer Model Program for typically developing Preschoolers and Kindergarteners. Peers are integrated into our Preschool and Kindergarten classrooms to model important social and behavioral skills for children with developmental delays. For children ages 3-5, research continues to show the importance of inclusion – a setting that embraces diverse learners by offering equal opportunities to access a typical classroom environment, while simultaneously providing the support needed to achieve individual learning objectives.
Deadline for enrollment for peers in the fall: July 1
Peer Models at Bridgeway Academy Benefit From:
– Group music therapy (Other therapeutic opportunities are available in partnership with Bridgeway Therapy Center)
– “Peer Pulls” – opportunities to expand on social skills extra time outside the classroom with other typically-developing children facilitated by a seasoned educational professional
– Low Classroom Ratios: 4-5 teachers for 8-10 students
– A diverse and inclusive setting for learning
– Developing friendships with those different from themselves,
– A High-quality academic curriculum following the Ohio learning standards (Math, Reading, Safety, and more).
How do I know if my typically-developing child is a good fit for the Peer Model Program?
An ideal peer model:
– Is 3 years old prior to August 30th of the school year
– Enjoys playing with other children:
– Interacts well with others
– Plays with toys
– Engages in age-appropriate activities without assistance
– Follows simple directions
– Makes their basic needs known
– Answers simple questions
– Separates easily from parent
– Models contextually appropriate behavior and social skills
– Attends adult-guided activities
– Willing to take turns
– Is Toilet-trained
Want to learn even more about Bridgeway Academy’s Peer Model Program? Read our PEER MODEL FAQ.
PEER MODEL TUITION
3-4 years old
Academic Year – $6,000
Summer Program – $1,080
5-6 years old
Academic Year – $5,000
Summer Program – $1,000
PEER MODEL TESTIMONIALS
“The best decision I’ve ever made as a parent was to enroll my son, Drew, as a peer model in Bridgeway Academy’s Peer Model Program as a preschooler. The skills he has learned at Bridgeway will be the MOST important skills he learns in his schooling – acceptance, and inclusion. He’s made friends with different types of learners. He’s learned to communicate with others in a variety of ways. He’s learned that everyone is unique and special – everyone has different things that they’re interested in. He’s learned empathy. I could go on and on. After leaving Bridgeway’s preschool program and transitioning to Kindergarten at our public school district, Drew was nominated within the first month of the year to participate in their Chose to Lead program. This program will help support his leadership skills, teach him to spread kindness, and work on public speaking. I have no doubt in my mind that the skills he learned as a peer model at Bridgeway Academy led his teachers to nominate him for this outstanding opportunity. My husband and I are beyond grateful and feel so lucky that he’s had such a wonderful experience at Bridgeway Academy.”
“Bridgeway has a great peer program. They have the most amazing staff. My daughter loves all her teachers and loves going to school every single day. We have seen so much progress in her in just a year! She has made some great friends and cherishes each one of them. We love Bridgeway!”
Want to learn more about the Peer Model Program and if it could be a good fit for your child? Contact Sarah Lenow, Director of Early Childhood at email@example.com.