Bridgeway Academy’s Preschool program prides itself on its ability to support each child based on their individual abilities, interests, and learning styles. As a program that spans from early childhood development to kindergarten-readiness, there are certain qualities that we have highlighted as imperative to the success of all Preschool students here at Bridgeway Academy.
These include: inclusivity, communication, play and independence. Our preschool program structure consists entirely of inclusive classrooms. Each preschool classroom includes 3-4 teachers, 7-9 diagnosed students, 1-3 typically developing peers and a schedule that reflects daily classroom activities and routines.
Our program offers:
- A full-day schedule
- A Combination of both individualized instruction as well as small and large group instruction utilizing the principles of ABA.
- Follows Ohio’s Early Learning and Development Standards
- Curricula from a variety of resources including but not limited to Fundations, Unique Learning System, BASE (Bridgeway Academy Safety Education) and VB MAPP
- Average ratio 1:2.5; average classroom size of 10 students
- Typically developing peer models included in each classroom.
- Supervised by Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs), and/or Masters Level Educators.
- Teachers and therapists target IEP goals, as well as other developmentally and age appropriate skills.
- Classroom teachers collaborate with speech therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, music therapists, and behavior analysts to develop appropriate treatment plans.