Bridgeway Academy’s program is comprised of three key areas:
The school day Education Center features small classroom sizes and low student to teacher ratios for students in preschool through age 21. Consultation and Assessment by Board Certified Behavior Analysts, the Family Partnership Services Program, Life and Vocational Skills, and Transition-To-Adulthood services are also offered to students enrolled in the Education Center. As part of our unique approach, students enrolled in the Education Center receive all their therapies (Speech, Music, Occupational, and Physical) during the school day.
Funding Sources Accepted at the Education Center:
The Therapy Center serves children enrolled in the Education Center AND individuals of all ages who come strictly for therapy services. Bridgeway Academy’s Music, Occupational, Physical and Speech therapists work one-on-one, in small groups, and in co-treatment sessions to meet the needs of each client. Psychological services and evaluations, including diagnostic evaluations, are available to the public as well as children enrolled in the Education Center.
Funding Sources Accepted at the Therapy Center:
- Level One, I.O and Self Waiver
- Franklin and Delaware County funding is currently utilized to cover psychological and behavioral services, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy. In addition, Delaware County funding may be available to cover the cost of music therapy.
- BCMH and Help Me Grow funds are available in many counties to cover some therapies.
- Some families have had success with reimbursement from their insurance company for therapy services – please check with your provider directly.
- For Psychological services: Franklin and Delaware County funding is currently utilized to cover psychological and behavioral services.
- For Psychological services, some insurance is accepted. Please check with your insurance company or contact our psychologist office for additional information.
- Private Pay
Bridgeway Academy’s Summer Camp, Camp Bridgeway, is an important component of services offered. By participating in a rich experience during the summer, students with autism and other developmental disabilities continue to develop social and educational skills and avoid regression which can occur when there is a disruption of services. Camp Bridgeway also provides students with important physical, recreational and social opportunities.
Funding Sources Accepted for Summer Camp:
- Autism Scholarship
- Private Pay
Please note: Bridgeway Academy is not a Caresource or Molina provider.
The Adaptation, Integration and the Arts Program of VSA Ohio partners teaching artists and educators in inclusive classrooms to enhance teaching and learning through an arts-integrated residency and curriculum. Watch this video, featuring Bridgeway Academy, to learn more about the program and see it in action in Columbus, Ohio.