Bridgeway Academy’s staff from various departments has put together the following compilation of resources for parents and caregivers:
- Halloween Social Story ( from Family Partnership Services) [printable]
- Thanksgiving Social Story (from Family Partnership Services) [printable]
- Airport Social Story (from Family Partnership Services) [printable]
- Halloween Calendar Countdown (from Family Partnership Services) [printable]
- Thanksgiving Calendar Countdown (from Family Partnership Services) [printable]
- TSA Cares Info (for all U.S. Airports)
- John Glenn International Airport (CMH) Practice Information (from Family Partnership Services)
- First-Then Guidelines and Template (from Family Partnership Services) [printable]
- First-Then Blank Template
- First-Next-Then Blank Template
- LessonPix Membership Information
- Halloween First/Then/Next/After (from Family Partnership Services) [printable]
- Reinforcement vs. Bribery (from Family Partnership Services)
- Halloween Sensory Tips (from Occupational Therapy)
Online Resources (from Family Partnership Services):
- https://www.autismspeaks.org/family-services/tool-kits (<– Tool Kits)*
- https://www.autismspeaks.org/family-services/resource-library (<– Resource Library)
- https://www.coursera.org/learn/everyday-parenting# (Audit for Free)
Books Recommendations (from Family Partnership Services):
Behavioral Intervention for Young Children with Autism: A manual for Parents and Professionals; Catherine Maurice
Let Me Hear Your Voice; Catherine Maurice
SOS Help For Parents; Lynn Clark, Ph.D.
The Verbal Behavior Approach: How to Teach Children with Autism and Related Disorders; Mary Barbara
Behaviorspeak: A Glossary of Terms in Applied Behavior Analysis ; Bobby Newman, Ph.D., Kenneth F. Reeve, Ph.D., Sharon A Reeve, Ph.D., Carolyn S. Ryan, Ph.D.
Steps to Independence: Teaching Everyday Skills to Children with Special Needs; Bruce L. Baker
No More Meltdowns; Jed Baker
Move With A Purpose; Bobby Newman
Topics in Autism Book Series (from Family Partnership Services):
A Pictures Worth: PECS and Other Visual Communication Strategies in Autism, Second Edition; Andy Bondy, Ph.D. & Lori Frost, M.S., CCC-SLP
Teaching Independent Behavior, Second Edition; Lynn E. McClannahan, Ph.D. & Patricia J. Krantz, Ph.D.
Functional Behavior Assessment for People with Autism: Making Sense of Seemingly Senseless Behavior, Second Edition; Beth A. Glasberg, Ph.D., BCBA-D & Robert H. LaRue, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Solve Common Teaching Challenges in Children with Autism: 8 Essential Strategies for Professionals & Parents; Edited by Lara Delmolino, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Stop That Seemingly Senseless Behavior! FBA-based Interventions for People with Autism; Beth A. Glasberg, Ph.D., BCBA
Visual Supports for People with Autism: A Guide for Parents and Professionals, Second Edition; Marlene J. Cohen, Ed.D., BCBA & Peter F. Gerhardt, Ed.D.
Essential First Steps for Parents of Children with Autism: Helping the Littlest Learners; Lara Delmolino, Ph.D., BCBA-D & Sandra L. Harris, Ph.D.
Managing Anxiety in People with Autism: A Treatment Guide for Parents, Teachers, and Mental Health Professionals; Anne M. Chalfant, Psy.D.